Rainforest Guest House
P.O. Box 872, Fort Portal
Tel. +256 (0)774 448194. +256 (0)774 504073
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your gateway to the Kibale Forest National Park
The Rainforest Guest house has 7 beautifully decorated rooms. Bathroom and toilet facilities are shared.
Read about us on Trip Advisor
Set against the backdrop of the Rwenzori Mountains the Rain Forest Guest House is just south of Fort Portal, near the Kibale Forest National Park
- 11km from Fort Portal via Kamwenge road
- 17km to yhe chimpanzee tracking activity at Kanyanchu in the Kibale Forest National Park
- 4 hours drive from Kampala
What to expect while at Rain Forest Guest House
Rainforest Guest house is a 'home away from home' where Margaret and her family will take care of you during your stay.
We are located in the countryside where you can relax, go for quiet walks and go bird watching.
5% of our profits go to local community empowered projects.
An on site gift shop features locally made crafts at affordable prices.
Any of the following can be arranged in advance for you:
- Visit to the Kibale Forest National Park for chimpanzee tracking
- Meet members of the local women's craft group and learn how they make baskets using local plants and dyes, and jewellery from recycled magazines.
- Take a guided walk to learn about natural plants used in healing different diseases and meet a traditional healer.
- Visit the Dura or magombe swamp for birding and learn about swamp plants.
- Meet the Kyanyawara cultural group and see traditional dances, plays and music,
- If you would like to swim, can take transport to for Ushs2,000- to Lake Nkuruba.
Each room is clean and spacious, and is accessed via a secure courtyard.
Double room: Ushs40,000-
Twin room: Ushs40,000-
Single room: Ushs20,000-
Rates include breakfast served with tea, coffee, juice, toasts and eggs.
Lunch and dinner are available. Delicious local food is to include matoke and beans, or rice and ground nut sauce, spaghetti, potatoes and meat. Meals are Ushs6,000-
Beer, soda, bottled water and Uganda Waragi available for purchase
How to get there
From Fort Portal. Take the Kamwenge road for 11km where at the fork in the road for Kamwenge and Rwaihamba keep left. After 500m you will find the guest house.
We are 15 minutes from Fort Portal by public taxi, special hire taxi or motor bike taxi (boda boda).
Print this page